Due to regulatory changes and innovations in the healthcare arena, infusion therapy procedures are now done in acute and alternate site care settings by licensed professionals and unlicensed assistive personnel. Professional schools provide little or no hands-on training vascular access and IV infusion therapy procedures. Scope of practice and regulations mandate additional IV therapy education, training and competency validations often referred as IV certification. Infusion therapy experts who have recognized the needs for IV infusion therapy hands-on training edtablised the Infusion Therapy Institute (ITI).
Our Mission is to collaborate with infusion therapy providers in all healthcare settings to promote current evidence-based infusion therapy practices and positive patient care outcomes through education and hand-on training. We envision empowering clinicians in all healthcare settings with the knowledge and skills required to perform vascular access and infusion therapy procedures safely with confidence.
Infusion Therapy Institute is a licensed continuing education sponsor by the Illinois Department of Professional Regulations (license # No 2360.00070) and is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (CEP 16135)
About Our Education Programs
Our continuing education and IV training classes are developed according to the regulations, intravenous therapy standards of practice, and the center for disease control and prevention (CDC) guidelines for catheter related infection (CRBSI) prevention. We empower novices and advanced practitioners to perform vascular access and intravenous therapy procedures with confidence and competence.
IV infusion therapy courses include
- PICC line insertion Training, oftern referred as “PICC Line Certification”
- IV Therapy classes, often referred as IV Training / “IV therapy certification”
- IV therapy Training for Medical Assistants and Dental Assistants (Unlicensed assistive personnel) often referred as IV Therapy certification for medical assistants
- IV refresher courses
- Home Infusion Therapy Classes for Home Health Care Nurses and Managers
- Phlebotomy for nurses and Allied Healthcare Professionals
Certificate of Completion
Upon successful completion of each training program, certificates of completion are provided to all attendees. Certificates of completion with continuing education (CE) contact hours are provided to all nurse attendees. CE contact hours are calculated as 60 minutes = 1 contact hour.
Our Services and On-site Customized Programs are Available for:
- Acute care hospitals
- Transitional care facilities
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Rehabilitation facilities
- Home health care agencies
- Infusion pharmacies
- Infusion clinics
- Physician’s offices